Saturday, March 22, 2008

Tea Time


I am participating in my first swap over at SCS !! And, of course, I am coming down to the wire on my cards. I have had the vision/idea for a month, but it has taken me awhile to get just the right ingredients. I am pretty happy with the way it came out! Now I just have to make six more (but that will be easy, now that I have all the measurements set). I am not a frilly pink kind of person, so I put my own little twist on it with the papers.


I love the sentiment inside (I printed it off my computer).


Remember the tea kettle - it is always up to its neck in hot water, yet it still sings! ~Author Unknown


And for those of you who are wondering about my photo light box, I chickened out of making one and just bought one I found for around $50 (with the lights, four backdrops and a tripod). I think I probably should iron the backdrop; I was just to excited to try it out once I finished my card!
Thanks for looking!
Stamp: Whipper Snapper Designs Large Sprint Tea Kettles
Paper: Papertrey White, Paper Company Pink Parchment, Me and My Big Ideas Ohso Sweet, The Perfect Scrapbook Peony Blocks, Sonburn Designs Dots for Girls and Card Blanks from Paper Source.
Technique: Colored Pencils and Odorless Mineral Spirits for blending

3 comments:

April said...

WOW! I opened this up in my reader and as soon as I saw it I said "WOAH!" - this is stunning Lauri!

Allison Rankin said...

This is lovely...a great image and super coloring!

Anonymous said...

This teatime card is absolutly lovely!!!
I love the layout and the colors U chose Lori!What a great stamp! I don't think it's too 'pinkish' I think it's just awesome! :)

Paola (SCS=Sama)

 
Designed by: Ashley @ Hippo Scraps