Monday, April 7, 2008

Surfer Girl


Well, my daughter has been having a tough time the past few months for many different reasons, so I made this card for her last night to try to cheer her up a little. I think it worked...she smiled at least!!! It is a tough time, just turned 18, senior in high school, prom drama, deciding about next year and college, tendonitis in your right hand (tough when you are an artist!)...and life in general...I would not be 18 again for all the chocolate in the world!

This is a Penny Black stamp (I love her stamps!) and the ribbon on the side is transparent ribbon from Junkitz! This was a pretty quick card to put together! I left it blank so I could write some mushy mom words inside.

Thanks for looking and Happy Monday!

stamps: Penny Black
paper: The Card Connection
embellishment: Transparent Ribbon from Junkitz
technique: colored pencils with odorless mineral spirits

3 comments:

JoAnna Goodman said...

Adorable card! I love Penny Black stamps, too! I hope everything works out for your daughter -- I wouldn't be a teenager again, either! She's a lucky girl to have you!!

April said...

First - Ugh! For being 18 again, I'm with you on that one, I just would rather forget those years of my life. Hugs to your daughter!

That card is so cute, it'll be great for her to have to look at on those hard to deal with days!!

Anonymous said...

Adorable!! This card just makes you smile.

I feel for your daughter...no way would I want to be that young again! It's bad enough my dd will be 12 in a couple of weeks and she's having some growing pains... kind of caught between being a "little" girl and wanting to be a big girl.... I just can't wait for the teen years ! NOT !

 
Designed by: Ashley @ Hippo Scraps