Saturday, September 27, 2008

Fall is here!

And that means it is my sister's birthday! I was able to work on Beate's Weekend Sketch while watching the debates last night, and will be sending this card off to my sister in Virginia.

I have had this paper called Laguna Girl from Junkitz on my desk for about a week, just looking for a time to use it. The colors remind me so much of fall! Hunting through my stamps, I remembered this stamp from Paper Source that is kinda-sorta like a mum. For the inking, I took four different colors from Color box and did a direct to stamp technique to try to blend the ink colors. I wanted a deeper color than I would have gotten from markers and like the way it came out!

I also stamped the flowers on a pale yellow textured paper from DCWV. I finished off the inside so I can write a sentiment as well. You can sort of see this below.

Another rainy day here in Connecticut! I have a couple of projects planned for this weekend, including a couple of mini albums for the folks I send mail to for Audrey's Umbrella and Chemo Angels. So I will not be able to show those to you with the pictures, but will try to give you an idea of what I came up with!

10 comments:

Macpurp said...

this is a very pretty and different card! very nice. what a lovely idea doing the mini albums....have fun with them xx

Beate said...

Great card, Lauri! Love it!
Thanks so much for playing!
Hugs and smiles

Lisa Olson said...

Wow Lauri this is really different, I love the abstract feel you have given yet remaining elegant and pretty.

Jennifer Love said...

Just simply gorgeous!

Sherri said...

Love this! ...this is my favourite card I've seen for this sketch!

Kim said...

love all of those layers!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card!! You did excellent on the sketch!! :)

Maria said...

Wow, Lauri!! Your card is gorgeous! I really love the dp that you used and the colors are beautiful!! Awesome job!!

Maria

Julia Aston said...

I love what you did with this sketch lauri! what super DP and beautiful popped up flower!

JackieLou said...

Lauri I love this card... I love all the colors and the layout is perfect...
hugs,
Jackielou

 
Designed by: Ashley @ Hippo Scraps