Monday, September 15, 2008

Jumpstart Your Brain #3: TLAP Day!

Ahoy! Did you know that September 19 is Talk Like a Pirate Day? Arrggh, it is mateys!!! So I challenge ye to put on the thinking cap and do something pirate-y this week!

Check out the official Talk Like a Pirate Day site, and generate you own Pirate Name! Mine is..are you ready for this....
"Doormat" Hayley Drake
and my ship name is
The Cry of the Privateer

I made one of the free standing pop ups cards found on SCS a few weeks ago as a weekly tutorial! I knew as soon as I saw this card design, pirates were it!

I have really gotten a lot of mileage out of the SU! set! So Avast and Aye Aye!! Put down ye pint of Grog and create something smartly you land lubber!

And if you do, let me know! You may just get some pieces of 8 in the mail (or something of equal or lesser value). Have a great day!

5 comments:

Becca said...

Lauri: this is so cute. I love the Pirate and how you created this great project.

specialcraftmom4 said...

I just love this stamp set!!! My son had a pirate party last year and we had soooo much fun (:

Joanne said...

Ahoy Mate! What a fun card you created with this sweet set! Love it...

Anonymous said...

Teehee!! This is just too darn CUTE!! :) Love these free standing pop ups!!

dpkennedy said...

Cute! I love this SU set!

 
Designed by: Ashley @ Hippo Scraps