Thursday, September 4, 2008

Lighthouse

Hello!!! For Wednesday Sketch Challenge over at SCS, I used this stamp I had purchased quite a while ago on clearance ($5!!). A very simple sketch...quite a tough time for me! I used some vellum paper I had also purchased on clearance ($.20!!!!) at a local scrap store as part of the background, then layered another piece of cardstock on the bottom with seagulls stamped in the same color blue.
As usual, I colored with my Kohinoor colored pencils and odorless mineral spirits! By the way, if you have wondered (and I doubt you have...) where my Copics have gone......here is a clue....
Here is a picture of my daughter and my dog at her desk....and if you look in the upper left hand corner you will see.... my copics....seems someone has taken a liking to them (and no, it is not the dog!)


Have a great Thursday!

5 comments:

Julia Aston said...

Love this card! the vellum is perfect with your image as well as the stamped seagulls on the panel - great use of the sketch here! Hopefully you can 'borrow' back your copics once in a while! if not - the coloring with the pencils is lovely!!!

Diane said...

What a wonderful card Lauri! Lovely stamp,great coloring! So your daughter loves your copics???

CricketPE said...

I love that lighthouse stamp! I grew up near Lake Michigan, so I love lighthouses and water :)

Carolyn Bounds said...

Such a beautiful and serene scene...and you definitely brought it to life. Totally and utterly TERRIFIC!!

So...are the Copics away at school too?;o) Well, at least your daughter has great taste right? Right:o)

dpkennedy said...

Pretty card Laurie! Your dog is sooo cute!! You brave woman giving up your Copics-not happenin' in my house! My sons is terrified to get too close to them, lol!

 
Designed by: Ashley @ Hippo Scraps