Monday, February 9, 2009

Journey to a Friends House

Happy Monday everyone!! I hope you had a great weekend, and are ready for a great week! One week from today, be sure to check in! I will be giving away stamps to a couple of very lucky people!

I spent some time practicing watercoloring with my SU! Watercolor Pencils this weekend, using this image from Crafty Secrets. I love this image, and dream of having a little cottage in the woods, with a winding path up to the front door....I can dream, right??

I love the little owl up in the tree, too!

The road to a friends house is never long!

stamps: Crafty Secrets
paper: SU! Bella Rose, Old Olive, Riding Hood Red
technique: watercolor pencils
accessories; SU! Riding Hood Red ribbon

12 comments:

Lorie said...

I think of Hansel and Gretel every time I see this image. I just love it, and you did a wonderful job coloring it. There's lots of detail there. Great job!

MaryNSC said...

O wow BEAUTIFUL!!

6 wacky women said...

Love this cottage and you colored it beautifully, Lauri.
Beautiful card.

Karen x

Jean said...

It does look like a Hansel and Gretel house doesn't it, you did a beautiful job with your watercoloring Lauri!

MiamiKel said...

OH I agree - if you find this house, I want to be your neighbor :) It's beautiful - great job on the watercoloring, you made it look so vivid and eye popping - like you can walk right up into the card. Terrific!

Denise said...

This is so pretty Lauri! Awesome coloring job, and I love the Bella dp! Hugs and Smiles~ Denise

Jacilynn said...

Great Card. Love the coloring.

Stampin Mindy said...

I just love the colors you used. So pretty.

Lisa Olson said...

Hi Lauri, thanks for stopping by today and your lovely comments!! I love this latest card, so pretty it almost looks like the gingerbread house?
Hope all is well with you.
Hugs
XX

specialcraftmom4 said...

Oh I love this card! I love pictures of cottages and your coloring is perfect!

Laura O'Donnell said...

this is so pretty, and what?!? you're giving away stamps I'll be back for that.

Carolyn Bounds said...

What a blissful creation!!! I love the tranquil image and your gorgeous papers!!!

I hope you have your dream cottage one day. And yes, you can dream because dreams really do have a way of coming true:o)

Hugs!
Carolyn

 
Designed by: Ashley @ Hippo Scraps