Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Ball

Oh did I tell you I was the inspiration for this drawing? haha!!! In my dreams....actually, this is another one of the 1926 stamps from Doggonestamps. This image is huge, taking up an entire 5x7 size card! I decided to pull out my SU! Watercolor Crayons for this...not sure I am thrilled with how it came out but...here it is!

I used the SU! designer paper Bella Rose, layered with Kiwi Kiss and Riding Hood Red. The watercolor paper I used was a bit on the ivory side, so I made the card base out of Very Vanilla. What you see above is exactly how I make my cards...just lay the DP with the picture and play around. Since this image is so large, I did not have a lot of room for extras on the outside!

Inside I used the free sentiment I received from Jazzy Stamps! Did you get yours ??

On another note, I taught a class to today to 10 wonderful Seniors at a local Senior Center. We stamps and diaper folded for two hours! What fun....and there are some stampers in the group so next month we are going to tackle some fun stamping projects! I had a lot of fun and it was a great break from the work day!


Hope you are making it through the week! Halfway to the weekend again! Already!! and we change the clocks this weekend!!!
stamp: Doggone Stamps
paper: SU! Bella Rose, Red Riding Hood, Kiwi Kiss
technique: SU! Watercolor Crayons

5 comments:

Lorie said...

I think she turned out very pretty, Lauri. What a wonderful image, and that's so neat that they took those drawings from so many years ago and made stamps with them. Have a beautiful day!

Julia Aston said...

What a fun image - nicely watercolored!

dpkennedy said...

Very elegant Lauri! Love the dp you used with her!

Denise said...

Lauri, she is beautiful!! What a pretty card, and your coloring s gorgeous!! :)

Jacilynn said...

Love this Lauri. Great Water coloring!

 
Designed by: Ashley @ Hippo Scraps