Sunday, May 24, 2009

A Simple Spinning Flower


Okay, so the picture is a little blurry...sorry about that! My friend Wendy and I (well mostly her...while I played with the new SU! folder Manhatten Flower) made a case of another card the other night and I worked tonight to re-create it! This is very cool! We used the Sizzix Emblosslits Die, Simple Flower, to create two flowers on Shimmery White paper. THe two flowers were colored and sandwiched together with string in between.


I colored the sides two different colors, and used some SU! Glitter to highlight the inside of the petals.


I freehanded the circles on the outside with my glue pen, and added more glitter! The dots are a pencil eraser and Versamark Watermark pad. I used a 2" square punch for the window! What a great design! This could be used for SO many things! Hope you are having a great weekend!

SU! Sizzix Emblossits Die (Simple Flower)
SU! Markers Simply Saffron, Pretty in Pink
SU! Shimmery White paper, Almost Amethyst, Gable Green cardstock
SU! Glitter and glue pen
Versamark Watermark pad and pencil eraser
White Thread, Crop-a-dile, 2" square punch


2 comments:

Mary said...

Very pretty card, I love the flower and I think I just might have that one. TFS

Catherine said...

I made a card with this technique a few years back at a SU class. The only thing was, both my friend and I forgot about cutting out to allow room for the suspended element to sping! LOL! Yours came out so much better!

 
Designed by: Ashley @ Hippo Scraps