Monday, June 8, 2009

If it's Monday, you probably need coffee

Monday's are tough! and although I am not a coffee drinker, I know many people who are, so coffee themed cards come in handy! Using the Sip by Sip set from Stampin Up, I made three quick cards that would be great for any coffee lover.

I also got the NEW SU! catalog the other day, so I decided to try to use up some of the in-colors and designer paper that will no longer be available on July 1. I am featuring the Specialty Paper called Rockabilly in my cards today. This is cool paper! It is glossy and embossed!



I went with a super simple layout on all three of these cards. I stamped this first card in black, and cut out with my nestabilities. Then, to highlight the mat a bit, I just added some white dots.



This is a cute sentiment! I think I know some ladies who may agree! For the next card, I used more Rockabilly paper, this time going with Riding Hood Red, a retiring in-color.


Such a cool retro feel to this set! Love the percolater! I decided to also keep this one pretty simple. My ribbon looks a bit wonky there...guess I need to work on that!
Here is a look at the sentiment I put on the inside.



This is a wonderful sentiment, and one I should certainly follow!


Here is the last of my quick coffee card. I love the retro look of this coffee lady! I went with a Kiwi Kiss theme on this one, another retiring in-color. Again, I just doodled on the outside of the nestabilities circle to highlight the mat a bit.

Hope you like these quick cards!! I challenge to myself to try to keep it simple!! Not always easy for me!

Also..thanks to everyone who continues to support my little hobby! The past few weeks have not been the easiest, and I certainly appreciate every person who support me with comments, stops by to increase my counter, and follows me along my journey!

stamps: SU! Sip by Sip
paper: SU! Rockabilly Specialty Paper
ink: SU! Red Riding Hood, Kiwi Kiss, Black


6 comments:

Ann said...

I'm not a coffee drinker either, but these are great cards--perfect to have on hand when you need a quick note.

Barbara said...

All of these cards are great!! I am a coffee drinker and these truly tickle my caffiene-stained funny bone!! Especially the first one --- a coffee cup ring, I wipe up lots of those!! And the sentiment, I have 2 of the 3 and that is good enough for me --- hubby is rich in so many other ways!

Lorie said...

Oh, I love this set, and now after seeing your samples, it's settled! I'm ordering it!!!! Love them all, Lauri! They're great!!

dpkennedy said...

Ahh, so true! Mmmm coffee.... these are lovely classics!

Diane said...

Such an awesome set!!! Love all the cards you created with it!
Thanks for the encouraging words Lauri,hopefully I will get the call soon.

Julia Aston said...

what a fun bunch of cards Lauri! coffee is always popular! love the circle stain and the retro woman - looking forward to meeting you in CT next month!

 
Designed by: Ashley @ Hippo Scraps