Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Wednesday!! Angels Landing Pillow Box Day!

Well it is Wednesday, and Wednesday is Angels Landing Day this summer! For today, all the design team members are highlighting the Pillow Box template that you receive when you purchase the Pierced Background set. Once I started, I couldn't stop, so I have three different samples for you today. You will love the versatility of this template! and it is SO easy to put together!



For my first project today, I used the template from the Pierced Backgrounds set, and a tag from the Pierced tag set to create a cute little Baby Shower favor! How cute is this???? I just printed the template on some designer paper, used my coluzzle to cut out an oval, and covered the oval on the inside with a piece of acetate.



This shows the yummy jelly beans inside! I love the colors of these beans! For the tag, I just printed the pink tag that comes in the set, and attached it to some layered prima flowers for a pretty embellishment.



Now for a different look, a graduation favor! This would be great for a young man (or a young lady), and has a more formal look. This time, I printed the template on vellum, and pierced the meander pattern from the Pierced Backgrounds set all over the paper. I love the paper pierce...very relaxing!!



For a more formal look, I printed a tag from the Pierced Tag collection, after changing the color to a red. I thought this would work well for someone who has the school colors of red and black! You could change the colors to any combination! The black paper band wraps the box, and the tag is attached with brads. The graduation cap is just clipart I printed and punched before attaching.



This is my favorite of the three sets. I printed the template on some designer paper, and designed a cute little set that could be used to hold a wedding gift (gift card perhaps??), or even bridesmaids gifts!



For this box, I wrapped organza ribbon around it and tied with some wisps off to the side. The flower is the daisy from the Pierced Flowers collection that I printed in two different sizes, then colored. The flowers are layered with dimensionals and topped off with a dew drop.

A matching gift card is so easy! I took another flower and simply mounted it on designer paper and white 3x3 gift card. It is a little hard to see, but I printed the flowers on SU! Shimmery White paper, so it has a really pretty glisten to it.

That was fun! What other pillow box ideas do you have?? Please be sure to stop by all the design team members, you will find them on the left! Also check out Judi's Angels Landing Blog and store for more product information! I cannot wait to see what they all have some up with!

Even more exciting...next week we will have a new Angels Landing release!!! More fun!

images: Angels Landing
paper: SU! Georgia Peach, SU! Bella Bleu
technique: digital printing, SU! Markers


19 comments:

Ann said...

These are all fabulous, Lauri! I love how you showed the versatility--from cute to elegant--and for any occasion.

Cheryl Walker said...

Lauri, these turned out very nice hun!! I love the one with the window in it!!! very cute!!

Hugs,
Cheryl

Lynn McAuley said...

Love this fun mix of pillow box designs!! I will certainly be trying out that window to show off the treats inside!!

Outstanding work, Lauri!

Stefanie said...

Oh I love these boxes Lauri! I just noticed that you live in Hamden. I live in Hamden too -- up off West Woods Rd.

Sparkplug17 said...

All of them are gorgeous! What great gift ideas!

dpkennedy said...

Lovely boxes and cards! They are so versatile!

specialcraftmom4 said...

These are just wonderful! I have the hardest time with Pillow boxes and yours are perfect. Great job!

Judi M said...

That clear oval window is so clever, Lauri. You've brought such creativity to a single template. Each of the three is different and special in its own way.

Jean Marie said...

all so nice!!
I always enjoy stopping by and checking out your projects! TFS!

Diane said...

Wow Lauri! Those all look so fabulous!

MiamiKel said...

Gahhhhhhh! These are TDF, Lauri! What an adorable idea- love the cut out peekaboo window - wowzers, these are the perfect gift and goodie bag gifts and stockin' stuffers at holiday time!

Cheryl said...

Lauri! Your porjects are all so beautiful! I love how you made the window in the first one! All clever designs!

Barbara said...

Lauri, what terrific gifts and cards! They can be anything from elegant to fun! Very clever!

Me Myself and I-N-K said...

Wowza, Lauri! You did a wonderful job showing how versatile the pillow box can be! Love all of your samples!

Lorie said...

These are great, Lauri! You always have the cutest gift boxes and containers! Thanks for the inspiration!!

kadie said...

Cute projects, Lauri! Love how different you showed them just by changing a few things. Love your new pic too!!

csroyal said...

These are awesome! Very nice!

Left you something on my blog. Thanks for checking on me now and then!

karen said...

these are fantastic lauri!

Curt in Indy said...

These are amazingly creative! I love all of these examples. How fun and the possibilities are endless! Great stuff! Best, Curt

 
Designed by: Ashley @ Hippo Scraps