Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Its Angels Landing Wednesday! Cupcakes and Party Hats!


Well it is Wednesday again, and that means the Angels Landing Design Team has all sorts of ideas for you using Angels Landing images! Today's theme is a party...and I thought party hats and cupcakes sounded like a great theme! First, I apologize for the photo. Weather was a bit wonky here the past few days so I had to make do with an improvised set up. But you get the idea...big flowers...big color!


Every party needs a cake! Cupcakes are the best! For this little setup, I printed a very large flower image on designer paper for a placemat. The cupcake wrapper is a simple piece of cardstock wrapped around a cupcake, and the cupcake pick is a smaller version of the same flower and leaves printed..colored...and put onto a toothpick!


The napkin ring is also very simple, just a band of cardstock embellished with a flower and leaf. I colored the flowers with Tria markers, and embellished with Spica Atyou glitter pens. All the flowers also have dew drop centers.


And just so people do not fight over their cupcakes, here is a simple placecard, also using the same flower image. I doodled the name on the tag as well. You could also use the same idea for an invitation, or a thank you card!

Every party needs a goodie bag, and a simple diaper fold packet creates a cute little holder for some candy! I love these large flowers; they are so fun to color in brights!



Well, here is my model for the hat/headband. Not too willing to smile, sorry to say....but he is cute!


Be sure to stop by all the Design Team members! I know you will find TONS of inspiration and ways to use Angels Landing images!

images: Angels Landing Simple Flowers
paper: American Crafts

12 comments:

Me Myself and I-N-K said...

Oh my! What a fun party set! I wish I was at your house right now eating some cupcakes. But I need to go to bed!

You just went all out! Love all of the creativity you put into making all of the party elements. So cute for your little doggy to model for you...bet you guys partied afterward the big photo op! LOL

Alma =)

Lynn McAuley said...

Lauri, this is such a fun and fabulous party set!! Your precious pooch showcases your delightful headband at its best!!! What an amazing collection!!!

specialcraftmom4 said...

This project is soooo cute!!!! I think my favorite is your sweet dog modeling (: Poor baby!

Stephanie said...

so did your model make a good commission? maybe a year's supply of doggie treats :)

great use of the set!! love the cupcake toppers :)

Cheryl Walker said...

OMGosh this is way tooo cute!!! Love your puppy with the headband how sweeet!!! You did a wonderful job on all the party set:)

Hope you have a wonderful day!!

Hugs,
Cheryl

Curt in Indy said...

OMG, your dog wearing the party hat is AWESOME! What a sweetie! I love all of your party favors! They are so festive and wonderful! Best, Curt

Sparkplug17 said...

Your doggie is so cute! I love the whole set up.

Judi M said...

I had no clue you could print the digi-stamp flowers large enough for a place mat. How cool is that? What a great job you did with this whole set. Everything coordinates so well and is festive and colorful. You've also got a very tolerant pup there. So cute in that doggy headband.

Ann said...

Oh my gosh, how bright and fun and delicious!!! Such cute creations, and your "model" is a cutie pie, too!

Kendra said...

Wow... awesome stuff... I TOTALLY ADORE that party hat (well, maybe more your model than the hat... I'm such a sucker for a cute pup!)

Unknown said...

ahh how cute!!
your model is so cute ;)

Cheryl said...

Your flowers are beautiful and your dog is adorable! Love your creations! Cheryl

 
Designed by: Ashley @ Hippo Scraps