Thursday, July 9, 2009

Wings of Friendship Redux



I thought about the design of this card ALL DAY at work today; isn't that crazy??? I decided I need to push myself more on my designs...I am taking it too safe... I also think I have spent too much time blog surfing and drooling over everyone's talent! This was inspired by the bonus sketch on 2 Sketches for You.



The new SU! in-colors rock! I knew I would love them when I saw them, and now that I am using them....I love them even more. The DSP I used is called Razzleberry Lemonade and is SO pretty in person! So this will be my card for the swap...good thing we are not swapping until the end of the day Saturday! I will be cutting and snipping for awhile! Oh and that bow...takes me FOREVER to tie a bow...

Thanks for taking the time to look!!!

stamps: SU! Wings of Friendship
paper: SU! Razzleberry Lemonade, SU! Bermuda Bay, SU! Crushed Curry, SU! Soft Suede, SU! Melon Mambo
ink: SU! Soft Suede, SU! Melon Mambo, SU! Bermuda Bay, SU! Crushed Curry
accessories: SU! Bermuda Bay ribbon, SU! Clear Buttons


7 comments:

Ann said...

No, it's not crazy--I do the same thing! Sometimes I can barely sleep because an idea pops into my head. Your card is GORGEOUS!!!! I gotta get this dsp!

Lorie said...

Beautiful card, Lauri! Just beautiful!!

Maggi said...

I have ideas that keep me up at night sometimes! lol Wonderful card!

Unknown said...

Oh I love this card - the colors are fab together :)
Thanks for playing
:) Kazan

cnelson said...

what a perfectly gorgeous card!! love it soooooooo much!!

Kim Sonksen said...

Wonderful take on our sketch. Love the rich colour on your card

Thank you for joining us this week

Andrea said...

Lauri ~ I was one of the lucky recipients of this absolutely GORGEOUS card. It really is a piece of art - and I just LOVE getting my hands on the new inks, papers AND dp! What a HUGE bonus!!! Thanks for all of your hard work ~ I will display this card in my workspace for a very long time!

 
Designed by: Ashley @ Hippo Scraps