Saturday, August 8, 2009

Are you ready for pears and football?

I just could not come with a name for this post!!  First, here is a set of notecards I made to go with the card from yesterday.I used the Desktop Organizer template from Papertrey, and created 8 simple notecards to go inside.  I also used more of the Good Morning Sunshine DSP and coordinating Kiwi Kiss and Summer Sun DSP along with my prized PTI ribbon.

I kept the notecards pretty simple, just stamping the pear image on each one and adding a strip of matted DSP to the front of the card.  They almost seem too simple!  Simple is so tough!!

Still in catch up gift mode, I made this card for  my nephew who turned 12 last week.  He plays football, and his school colors are gold and black so I went with this Wordart from Bethany available at Scraporchard.
 I am giving him a gift card, so I improvised a gift card insert since I could not easily find any instructions.  Came out a bit off, but here is a sideways picture!
 Won't matter...he will take the gift card and run!  Busy Saturday planned here with another nephew's 4 year birthday party and visiting my dad in the hospital, but the weather is beautiful!!!  Enjoy your day!

stamps:  Pear by Rubber Stampede
images:  Wordart by Bethany
paper:  SU! Good Morning Sunshine, Kiwi Kiss, Summer Sun;  SU! Basic Black, Gold
ink:  SU! Kiwi Kiss, Summer Sun, Chocolate Chip

8 comments:

Sparkplug17 said...

What a nice card set!

laos348 said...

Wonderful projects. Those pear notecards are a lot of fun and the football card is just perfect for a young boy.

Stephanie said...

that title really intrigued me :)

LOVE the pear notecard set - how versatile and we always need that!!

I think your nephew will love the card you made - it's perfect for a boy!

Melissa said...

You been busy! I love that Paper Trey set. That football card is also cute!

Great job
Melissa
Digichicks

Cassie_lu said...

what a great card set and the footbal one is just as good

Donna Marie said...

I agree!!
Simple is really hard!!!
Especially for me.
You did a great job!!

Julia Aston said...

Love your notes with the pears and fun box Lauri! great colors on the DP's! and that football card is so fun for your nephew! great inside design to hold the gift card!!

Lisa Olson said...

Hi Lauri,
what a great idea love those note cards.
I have been popping by and seeing your makes but haven't had much time to comment lately... all of your makes are so creative and inspirational. I finally got a day off today 1st one in about 3 months so I just had to come by and say hi.
XXX

 
Designed by: Ashley @ Hippo Scraps