Monday, August 3, 2009

Hope its a hoot!



Oh another week....wow....time is flying!! I am catching up on some birthday cards (I have a long list of cards to catch up with!) and used this Gina K set for one of them. These are the cutest owls! I followed Mojo Monday sketch 98 and used some new Basic Grey paper I just bought from Julie's store. I love these 6x6 paper packs! Perfect for making cards and I do not feel like I am wasting or ending up with too many scraps.



Since I am trying to convince myself I do not need to buy myself copics, (haha!) I am really trying to use existing techniques. My latest focus has been on SU! Markers and aqua painters on watercolor paper. I will never color like you ladies out there, but it is fun to practice!

On a blogger note, I have cleaned up my blog lists a log on the blog, but I am still reading all your blogs! My list was out of control and I was having a tough time managing. I have several types of blogs I read....my regular go-to ladies (and guys, Curt!), all the blogs I read for inspiration and ohh-ahhing, and then a bunch of other blogs what are design focused since I love to watch trends develop. Just too many! So I have converted everything to google reader. I really hope I did not miss any! I just have to get used to using reader...not sure I like it yet, I miss seeing everyone's blogs. I just do not seem to get the same excitement out of just reading the posts, so I may be changing back!

Well, not sure you all care about my adventures in blogger land, hope you are all having a great week and thanks for reading!!

stamps: Gina K
paper: Basic Grey Lime Rickey
technique: SU Markers and aqua painters


15 comments:

Ann said...

Oooh, love that green dp and ribbon!

Melanie said...

Adorable, LOVE this image, great colors.

Holly Jones said...

Love how you colored this!

Shelly Koskinen said...

Your card is really cute!!

Unknown said...

I say the same thing about not wanting to buy copic markers. One day I will break down and buy them. I think your card is adorable.

Donna Marie said...

I have been trying for months to use that Basic Grey Paper!!!
I can not seem to get it to work with my designs!!
But this is stinkin CUTE Girl!!!
I love how it all came together :-)

Unknown said...

so cute card, love the coloring.

specialcraftmom4 said...

This is soooo adorable!!!!! That paper goes beautifully with the image (:

karen said...

this is adorable.
Love the coloring job you did. Those owls are so cute!

Lorie said...

I'm loving what you're doing with those markers, Lauri! You really have perfected that technique. Your card is fabulous, and I love, love, love that green DP!!

Cassie_lu said...

love all that green and the owls really stand out

The Rubber Maid said...

Your coloring is great and I love those little guys. Super adorable. Pat

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment.

I have been hopping around a couple of different blog hops and can't remember if I came by to thank you for stopping by earlier!!! so, I wanted to be sure I didnt let my memory slip up! so, if this is a repeat on one of your other posts...oops! but I do mean it sincerely!

I appreciate your work! Amazing cards and everything you do is such fun to look at!

and I agree with you on trying to manage and keep up with all the amazing bloggers and their blogs! whew!!!

blessings & Aloha!

dpkennedy said...

This is adorable and your coloring is great! Google Reader is so much easier to keep up with! You can always click on the blog title to open the blog to read it...I do that when I want to comment...otherwise I just read. It's hard, you don't want to insult anyone by not commenting, but sometimes it's just not possible when you are following 50+ blogs! So I feel ya!

Stephanie said...

your ribbon is gorgeous on this card!! love the owls :)

 
Designed by: Ashley @ Hippo Scraps