Hi everyone!! For this week's project with Annabelle Stamps, I made a little Notecard Holder and 3x3 notecards. These are so handy to have around for those last minute gifts! I used the set Helen's Party, and chose to decorate the holder with the balloon and flower stamps. Here are some instructions for the holder. These are borrowed from SCS and you can find the original here.
- Start with two pieces of DSP:
- one 3 1/4" by 7 1/2" that you will decorate for the front/back.
- one 2 1/4 by 8 1/2" that will form the holder for the cards
- Use a piece of cardstock 1" by 8" for the handle along with cardstock for stamping and embellishments.
- Score the 3 1/4 by 7 1/2" of cardstock 3 1/4" from each end.
- Use a fancy corner punch to embellish the corners.
- Decorate the front as desired. In my example, I cut a piece of cardstock 3 1/4 by 1 1/4 and used the flower stamp from the set to create a flower border. I also stamped the balloon and cut it out with nestabilities. I cut the top of the flower border by hand to give it some personality around the flowers.
- Score the 2 1/4" x 8 1/2" piece of card stock at 1 5/8", 2 5/8", 5 7/8", and 6 7/8". This insert creates sides for the holder.
- There are 1” sections on the scored cardstock. Find the center of each, and use a paper piercing tool to make a hole where the brad will attach the paper handle.
- Apply adhesive to the cardstock strip as shown.
- To adhere the scored strip to the holder, line up one of the short panels with the bottom and the edge of the holder. Then secure the long panel to the back of the holder.
Finish by folding in the remaining short panel. Adhering the panels in this order helps keep the edges lined up.
- Attach the handle with brads.
- Create a set of 3x3 note cards to put inside.
Hope this inspires you to make some notecard sets for yourself!! Be sure to stop by the other Design Team members for their projects!