Monday, March 3, 2008

Vellum Technique


DSCF1713_edited-1.JPG
Originally uploaded by lauriloo2007
Today's Try a New Technique (#158) over at SCS is embossed vellum! I have never tried this, and have not done a lot with vellum. I will admit, I had a grand plan when I started! Layers, coloring, embossing, ribbon, brads, you name, it I had it! Then, it just did not seem to come out right so I went back to a simple card.

I stamped the sentiment on vellum, flanked by two designs from my favorite stamp set from Lizzie Anne. I followed the tutorial on Linda's blog.

On the back of the vellum (opposite side than was stamped), I rubbed wax paper over the image. I also rubbed my embossed in the wax paper. Then (and this took me a few tries!) I slowly embossed the image, using a mouse pad as a cushion.

I think the first time I did it, I used vellum that was too thin because it ripped. I do not have a lot of vellum, just a sampler package of different weights. So, I took out the heaviest weight and tried again...what a difference!

I had already layered the DP and cardstock, so I decided to just add the vellum and call it a card! This is a cool technique, I should really play around with it more because the samples in the SCS gallery are beautiful!

Thank you all!

No comments:

 
Designed by: Ashley @ Hippo Scraps