Sunday, June 29, 2008

Mosaic Meme

Hi Everyone! I was blurfing this morning, using Alison's daily links of newly discovered, when I came across this activity on Barbara's blog, Picture this, at last! If you link over to her blog, she give props to the person she borrowed it from.

Here is the deal! You create a mosaic of pictures by searching through Flickr using the answers to 12 different questions about yourself. I am not a great photographer, so I could never do this myself, but I love searching flickr and other spots for very creative photography.

Here is how you do it!

Answer each of the questions below. Surf over to Flickr and type your answers into the search bar. From the choice of pictures shown only on the front page, click on the one that moves you. Once the page with your picture opens, copy the URL. Surf over to the Mosaic Maker, set up your mosaic, and paste your URLs. Click Create. Yes, it is that easy!

The Questions:

What is your first name?
What is your favorite food?
What high school did you attend?
What is your favorite color?
Who is your celebrity crush?
What is your favorite drink?
Where would you go on your dream vacation?
What is your favorite dessert?
What do you want to be when you grow up?
What do you love most in life?
What is the one word that describes you?
What is your Flickr name?

Here is my mosaic. This was quite a bit of fun! and some were a little tough to choose. I do see a theme though, chocolate and dessert, how funny! Links to the photographers are below.




1. 2006 02 17 lauris korsett 003, 2. coffee and chocolate mousse cake, 3. THE SACRED AND THE MASSACRED, 4. Cd Art, 5. anthony lapaglia, 6. vintage tea set with cupcake, 7. Outer Banks, 8. Vanilla Bean Crème Brûlée, 9. paperchase, 10. Littlest Mermaid, 11. A Winter's Landmark, 12. Who called me chicken?

Try this out! I may even incorporate some of this into my scrapbooking. The toughest one I had was my name! The only pictures that came up were either (1) other women with the name of Lauri, (2) skateboarding (what's up with that?) (3) or the one I chose! I figured I am a bit different so...I picked the one that is different!

Have fun, and let me know if you do one!

4 comments:

Barbara said...

Lauri, thank you for stopping by! I love your mosaic -- wasn't it fun? I'm flattered that Allison included me on her "newly discovered"; the traffic increased considerably and I love it!. Stop by again and I, too, will follow your blog. I like your ideas.

Bunny B said...

Great mosaic! Looks fun! I'm gonna do one! :P

specialcraftmom4 said...

What fun! I am going to have to try this too (:

Denise said...

Hey this is really cool, gotta give it a try:) Thanks!

 
Designed by: Ashley @ Hippo Scraps