Sunday, December 28, 2008

Warm Thoughts

Hope everyone is continuing to enjoy their holiday! Another few days before we get back to "normalcy"...or "everyday living". But until then, I will enjoy everyday! Even though I am working, it is very quiet, and a very welcome break!

I decided to do the Starving Artistamp Clearly Cool Challenge, over at Paper Craft Planet. I am still trying to figure my way around PCP, but love trying out acetate in my card making. A few months ago I picked up a couple of sheets of Hambly Screen Prints at my LSS. Honestly, I was not really sure what I was going to do with them, but I thought they were pretty cool! They would be great in a an acrylic album or any album for that matter.

I created an A2 size card out of one of the sheets, and used Coco from Doodlefactory. I glued him on a Technique Tuesday technique tile (another one of those things I thought was cool, bought without really knowing what I would ever do with it!). I edged the tile in SU! Chocolate Chip, and used a HOTP dots background stamp with SU! Baja Breeze as the background. I used Copics to color Coco!



Inside I just put the simple Warm Thoughts sentiment. Now that I finished the card, I realized there is no where to sign it...hmmm...not that I would give this one away anyway! I love it!

With the new year coming, I usually do not make any resolutions. But, I am going to mix some things up! What about you??




10 comments:

Lorraine said...

I am in love with that bear! He is adorable and your card is the best.

Barbara said...

Lauri,this card is stunning and adorable! I love the acetate, it provide such a fun frame and sets off the bear perfectly!

Happy New Year to you and your family.

Macpurp said...

this is so cute!!!
need to go take a closer look at it!

much love Tina xx

Lisa Olson said...

Aw Lauri, I love this little cutie, very warm and cuddly.

karen said...

Oh this is fanstasmic!
I love it, it is gorgeous!
Such a talent you are!

6 wacky women said...

Adorable card, Lauri. Love the way you colored that cute little bear.

Karen

specialcraftmom4 said...

This card is just sooo cute!! I love that stamp (:

Julia Aston said...

love the printed acetate card Lauri! and the bear stamp is so cute! My resolution is to get out all my wonderful stamps that I've bought and never used - and use them!! happy New Year friend!!

hugs,
Julia

dpkennedy said...

Adorable card Lauri! Hope you have a wonderful New Year!

Anonymous said...

I don't blame you Lauri, I would keep this card too!!!!

 
Designed by: Ashley @ Hippo Scraps