I have had an idea for awhile to do something with seed packets for the spring; I thought this might be a nice Easter or Happy Spring gift. So after a little blog surfind and inspiration from Stampin Granny I came up with a card and seed packet; no stamping on this one!Isn't this paper gorgeous? It is part of the Pink Flamingo DSP set from Stampin Up. I bought the DSP with another project in mind, and was very surprised to see this gorgeous paper in the set! I also saw somewhere...not sure where....how to make flowers with the scallop circle punch. I used some other pieces of the DSP set and after I punched the flower I cut in the petals and just layered the flowers with a brad. I realized after I posted this and looked at the pictures that Ishould have layered the band on the seed packet to match the card! doh! I will have to redo that before I give it to anyone!
You can find the original instructions for this at Stampin Granny's blog. Here is a quick little play by play. Please ignore the notes and marker smudges on my workpad!
1. Cut your Designer paper 10-1/4" x 8".
2. Score the 10-1/4" side at 2-3/4" and 7-3/4".
3. Turn your paper and score the 8" side at 2-1/4" and 6".
4. Once you have scored your paper then you will need to cut out the corners on all 4corners. Cut on the score lines only over to the inside score lines.
5. Then fold on the score lines,folding the long sides in first.Then I cut the top corners of the long flaps off at a slant, as show in the photo below.
6. Add small pieces of Sticky Strip Tape (or other adhesive) as shown in the photo below. This is what it will look like so far.I just held the back pieces shut with a band of cardstock. But you could certainly tape one or both pieces shut. Very very quick and easy! I think I will be making more of these !!
paper: Stampin Up Pink Flamingo, Real Red
accessories: Stampin Up Three Flower Punch, Scallop Circle