Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Angels Landing Wednesday Gift Cards Holder



Hi there! It is Angels Landing Wednesday again, where all the DT members showcase projects with Angels Landing images! This week we are showcasing gifts and gift card packaging. I found this great tutorial by Bridgett and modified it a bit. Instead of using a brown lunch bag, I used an envelope.This came together so quickly, and is a great way to enclose a short note and a gift card! The card lifts open to reveal the pocket inside. I would use either velcro or magnets to close this...if I had either...which I don't right now....or should I say, I know I have both and just cannot find them!



The image on the inside says "A Little Birdie Told Me...." and is from the Mini Bears and Birds set, just like the bird I used on the outside.


I will admit I colored this a bit on the funky side, purples, blue and blush. The poor bird looks like a raccoon! But, such are my first attempts at copics! Maybe next year I will do a certification class...

Be sure to stop by all the DT members today as well as Judi's Blog for all this week's projects!

images: Angels Landing
paper: SU! Tea Party, Almost Amethyst
technique: Copics


10 comments:

Lynn McAuley said...

Love the amethyst and purples on this delightful gift card holder!! Gorgeous coloring on your precious birdie!! Wonderful work!

Lorie said...

What a cute little blue bird! Adorable!!

Me Myself and I-N-K said...

Lauri - this is such a great way to present a gift card and little note to someone special. You've done a superb job coloring in the birdie - it's great to see all of the different color combos you can use on Judi's images. I will have to check out the tutorial - I like quick and easy! Thanks for sharing!

Alma =)

Judi M said...

The envelope idea worked out great for this. You did a wonderful job trimming that bird image, and he looks terrific with that background patterned paper.

Macpurp said...

awwwwwww this is so sweet! I love how you have coloured him in!
love tina x

Denise said...

How adorable is this little bird?!!! Wonderful coloring and I love the gift card holder.

Ann said...

Such a cute little birdie, and I love the shades of blue & purple!

Cheryl said...

Lauri! I love this type of pocket card AND how you've colored the little bird! Cheryl

Lorraine said...

I love your little raccoon bird! It's colored beautifully. Such a nice way to present a gift card.

Danyelle Ferguson said...

I love this card!

BTW - I'm hosting a give away on my blog for an EZ View Desktop. It's awesome for anyone crafty! Come check it out! http://queenoftheclan.blogspot.com/2009/06/summer-time-give-away-ez-view-desktop.html

 
Designed by: Ashley @ Hippo Scraps