Thursday, June 25, 2009

When you start with beautiful paper....



if it really hard to NOT make a beautiful card! Okay, you probably are thinking ... enough of this paper already! But no, I just had to use it again! This Heather Bailey paper is beautiful, and I wanted to make a simple card focusing on the pattern and colors. I also was searching in blogland last week and found this paper medallion tutorial on Spotted Canary and fell in love! So easy and make and wow, what a striking addition to any gift!




I kept the card very simply, allowing the paper to show through. I used this wonderful SU! sentiment as a focal point.


Isn't this medallion fun? You really must try making one. It is very very simple and is striking when complete! The box is a simple origami box, that I banded with paper and ribbon. This will make a beautiful gift set!

So it is Thursday...these weeks are flying by! Hard to believe next week is July already..and we just keep getting rain here! Thanks for stopping by! I love posting my little projects and really appreciate every comment! I hope I inspire you a bit to do something creative and have fun!

paper: Heather Bailey
accessories: ribbon, dew drops
technique: Paper Medallion

4 comments:

Ann said...

Oh my word, that little box is like two gifts in one! I don't think I could bring myself to tear it open...well, maybe I could... ;)

Jean Marie said...

such bright and cheery projects !!
Thank you for the link, can not wait to try this flower technique :)your flower is beautiful.

Barbara said...

Oh, these are so bright and pretty! Very, very fun!!

Diane said...

Oh my goodness,I love that medallion!!!! What a beautiful card and paper Lauri!!!!

 
Designed by: Ashley @ Hippo Scraps