Saturday, June 20, 2009

Peachy Keen Fruit



Well, I think it is supposed to be summer, but all we are seeing these days in Connecticut is rain! and cool temperatures. When I think of summer I think of fresh fruit, so when I saw this set from Peachy Keen Stamps I knew I needed to add it to my collection! Besides, their stamps are so fun to color! I also saw this great video tutorial on Stamp TV on using your nesties for embossing circles, and realized I do not make the most use of all the nesties I have so I thought I would try that technique out on a simple set of note cards with a fruit theme.

\


I created a note card set holder using a tutorial and template I found on Alma's site. I decided to use some soon to be retired paper from Stampin Up as well. It has a perfect Cherry Theme!

Here is sample of one the cards. I colored each of the fruit with Copics, then used nesties to emboss around the image. I left the card very very simple!



Here is a mosaic I made with close ups of all the fruit in the set. I have not used copics much, and these fruit are great images to practice coloring with!



This is how I spent my Saturday! That and grocery shopping, laundry...now off to clean and organize my out of control craft space!!
stamps: Peachy Keen Stamps
accessories: nestabilities
technique: copic markers


8 comments:

KathyJ Peachy Keen Stamps said...

Hi Lauri,
What an awesome idea and beautifully done at that! Thank you so much for sharing our stamps on your blog. You do such fine work! :) Big Hugs, KathyJ

Mary said...

Hi Lauri,
I almost didn’t recognize you. Your hair has grown out beautiful; you made the right choose to go natural. I also just have to say wow!!! On your work, you have been very and it is beautiful.

Ann said...

OMG, Lauri! These cards are divine! I adore fruity cards, and these are just so fresh and clean--LOVE them!!!!

Ashley Marie said...

I love cherries!! And you make them look even sweeter :)

Lorie said...

Wow, Lauri! This is a gorgeous set of cards!! I just found Peachy Keen's website, and I can't wait to get some of their stamps. I was instantly drawn to the adorable little faces on their stamps, and was pleasantly surprised when I discovered that I've been tole painting from Kathy's books for years!! What a small world!!

Wendy said...

Love this! Let's do it (or use it as a template...)

specialcraftmom4 said...

This is sooo cute!!!! Like always your coloring is so wonderful!

Anonymous said...

OMG! Lauri... what an awesome project you have done with the Faceless Fruit... love it, love it, love it...

 
Designed by: Ashley @ Hippo Scraps