In my search last week for cards using the Medallion stamp, I came across this one from Mary and thought it was such a great use of the stamp, in a very unique way. I elected to go with colors of fall on mine, since I am feeling very autumnal these days!
Here is how I did it....
- Stamp medallion 1 time each in Ruby Red, Really Rust, Pumpkin Pie
- Cut Ruby Red square 3 1/8 x 3 1/8; mount on Ruby Red 3 1/4x 3 1/4
- Punch 1 ¾ circle really rust, mount on square
- Punch ¾ circle pumpkin pie mount on circle
- Stamp Thank you on white in color of choice, punch out with scalloped square punch and mount on 1 ½ “ square
- Mount layers from bottom up as follows:
- White Cardstock 4 ¼ x 11 scored in half
- Ruby Red 5 3/8 by 4
- White 5 1/4 by 3 7/8
- Strip of pumpkin pie 5 1/4 x 2, bottom scalloped
- Strip of white 5 1/4 x 1 1/4
- Strip of really rust 5 1/4 x ½
- Mount medallion square
- Mount sentiment
Hope the instructions help! This is one of the cards I taught in my class this week, and I just borrowed the steps from my write up!
On a few other notes, I am overwhelmed by all the comments on yesterdays Angels Landing Blog Hop! Judi's release is gorgeous this month and there were SO many wonderful projects from everyone to share!
and I came home from work yesterday to a big bright red package from Australia....my Annabelle stamps arrived!!! You will LOVE them, if you have not checked them out yet...I hope to do them justice and inspire you!
and last, but not least at all, Tracey has asked me to be part of the design team for Stamping Boutique, a new digital stamp company having its grand opening tomorrow night! Her images are so fun and whimsical; you can see one of her images here...the house card I made the other day! More info to come....let me tell you she has some great party favors for the grand opening!
stamps: SU! MEdallion, Thank you
inks: SU! Really Rust, Rose Red, Pumpkin Pie
cardstock: white, SU! Really Rust, Rose Red, Pumpkin Pietools: Square punch, circle punch, scallop punch