Friday, September 11, 2009

A Peachy Keen Challenge

 
I snuck in a card before I started working today (don't tell anyone, okay??)  I missed doing the last Peachy Keen Challenge, so I am excited to do this week's Challenge 11! I am so glad they have changed to bi-weekly challenges...gives me more time!  For the sketch challenge I used Snickerdoodle Gift Elf and made his legs swing back and forth!  I could only imagine how he would look trying to balance this tall stack of gifts!
For the card, I colored the elf with colored pencilis and blended with odorless mineral spirits. I created the packages by just marking up the package part of the stamp with a marker and stamping, then filling in the lines where his hands were.
  
 Its a little tough to show the movement, so here is a picture of his legs to the left (above) and to the right (below).
 
I used the instructions you can find on SCS for a tilt card. I have to admit, I was stumped....took me a little while to figure out how to do it!  I was thinking of those other trinkets you see sometimes where the legs swing back and forth?  Anyway I eventually figured it out!  It is a really cute technique!

Hope your week is ending on a good note.  Such a tough day for many people, and a tough week for many people I know.  I have several friends who are dealing with the loss of their pets this week...2 friends with dogs, one with a cat and another with a chicken.  I have had to make too many pet sympathy cards the past few days....but I am giving my dog Chansey lots of extra hugs! Hug your pets~! (and your friends and family too!)

stamps:  Peachy Keen Stamps Snickerdoodle Gift Elf
paper:  American Crafts Christmas
ribbon:  michaels

12 comments:

KathyJ Peachy Keen Stamps said...

Lauri!! THIS CARD IS SO ADORABLE!! I love how you colored the stamped image. I started writing my comment before I read .. I will have to go back and READ! I love the papers.. everything about this card is SUPER! I'm so glad that you had a chance to make a card for this challenge too! Big Hugs, KathyJ

dpkennedy said...

This elf is just the cutest! Love his swinging legs! Adorable card!

Donna Marie said...

This card is just stinkin cute!!!
You have a BIG heart it shows in everything you make!!

Lorraine said...

How cute is he! Love the swinging legs. Sorry to hear about your friends' losses.

Rene Sharp said...

Very cute card Lauri. That little elf is just adorable. I am so short of Christmas stamps!! I really need to start stocking up soon.

Stephanie said...

what a fun little guy - I think he should head to my house with that stack of gifts :) great card!

Lorie said...

Woman, you are so very creative! He moves!!!! You never cease to amaze me!! I love it, and I love the way you used the prezzies along the side. Awesome, and thanks for playing!!

MiamiKel said...

Lauri! How adorable!!!!! I think this is one of my favorite cards of yours - it's so fun and whimsical and the ideal holiday card - it just makes me smile all over :) I love how you colored the lil elf and the gifts - not to mention that darling ribbon to match! AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Take all the comments Lauri, wrap them all together and that's what I think about your gorgeous card. The BEST bit for me, apart from the dancing legs, is the clever way you used the parcel stamps!!! It wouldn't have occurred to me to use just that bit. Thanks for the idea and thanks for joining in with us again this week.
Hugs Viv x

My Creative Time said...

What a very Very cute elf! I luv it!!

Julia Aston said...

How cute and clever Lauri! love that dancing elf!

Miss Giebel said...

what a super idea, to have the legs move. this card is so adorable!!

 
Designed by: Ashley @ Hippo Scraps