Thursday, October 1, 2009

An Autumn Trio


Hello everyone!! A very brisk autumn morning here!!!  I wanted to share this trio of Autumn project I recently made.  I have seen this wreath in the current SU! Catalog along with blogs and really wanted to make one.  In addition, I made a card and gable gift box all in the colors of autumn.



This is a very quick card!  I used the Stampin Up set Autumn Days for the pheasant, using two colors ink on the stamp (Old Olive and Pumpkin Pie).  The DSP is from Papertey, called Fresh Fruits.  I also used one of the SU! Embossing plates for the background!  Some nesties and done!



I have never made a gable box, but now that I know how easy it is....more of these will be coming!  I followed the directions on SCS, and used So Saffron card stock.  I embellished with more Papertrey DSP, and another stamp from the Autumn Days set.  The leaves were cut out from the leaves die sold by Stampin Up.



Finally, the wreath!  To make this, first I took out a bunch of coordinating DSP in autumn colors and used the Leaves die from Stampin Up. I cut out a LOT of leaves.  This is a 6" chipboard wreath base, so you can tell how small the leaves are.  I sponged the edges of the leaves to add a bit of dimension.  

To make the wreath, I covered the wreath form in ribbon, then used hot glue to attach the leaves.  I also glued ribbon to the back for the hanger, and then added the ribbon. I kept it pretty simple!

Sorry for the quick post!! busy busy busy...and late for work!!!


stamps:  SU! Autumn Days
paper:  papertrey Fresh Fruit, SU! scraps
ink:  SU! So Saffron, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie
tools:  Big Shot, Leaves Die, punches, nestabilities


6 comments:

Barbara said...

Lauri i love them all, wow girl no wonder your never around your creating some beautiful art.

Jessie said...

What a beautiful Autumn collection! I especially love the wreath :)

Lorraine said...

What a lovely trio. Each one of them is beautiful. Great way to celebrate fall!

Ann said...

Gorgeous trio, Lauri! I love that wreath!

MiamiKel said...

These are just terrific - what a lovely set! I love the soft, warm colors you chose - perfect for the feel of Fall! :)

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.ile-maurice.com/forum/members/wetter-vorhersage.html][b]wetter vorhersage[/b][/url]

[url=http://www.ile-maurice.com/forum/members/wetter-vorhersage.html][b]wie ist das wetter heute[b][/url]

 
Designed by: Ashley @ Hippo Scraps