Saturday, April 12, 2008

Bargello Techniques


Hi everyone! The other night, I went to Wendy (my SU Demo) for her monthly technique class. This class was on Bargello (not unlike the needlework technique). First, let me show you the two cards we made, and give credit for the cases!


The first card we made is a CASE from the tutorial in Stampers Mall's October 2006 newsletter; the sample is "Bargello using Paint Chip" by Karen Slusher. We made out own paint chips using SU inks and a brayer.


The beautiful dark bargello (color on black/purple/artichoke) was Nancy Curry from Texture Effects for Rubber Stamping, This used the "versamark resist on glossy" technique, where you use a clean soft cotton rag (or as we used, kleenex) to clean the versamark and buff/spread the color on the glossy cardstock.






And here is my take on the technique. I created this card by stamping images on cardstock and then cutting it in slices! I cased this card on SCS as inspiration. I used the Friendly Flowers set from Stampin Up. I am not sure I really like the results...I think next time I try this will try a different stamp set.
Thanks for looking!
Lauri

2 comments:

April said...

WOW these are neat - they seem like a lot of work.

Jules said...

How cool! I have never seen those! Now, that's some work! :)Julie

 
Designed by: Ashley @ Hippo Scraps